- Large portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Shredded or fresh mozzarella ( although I've tried both I prefer the dryer shredded version for this because of the moisture factor seeping out)
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Mandarano Balsamic
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Brush the caps and rims with olive oil on each mushroom.
- Slice cherry or grape tomatoes in half, place in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, add chopped basil, salt and pepper. Let it sit for a few minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Place your cheese on the bottom of the mushroom cap, spoon on the tomato basil mixture and bake until cheese melts and mushrooms are cooked but not overcooked.
- Drizzle Mandarano Balsamic over the top.
Prepared byThe Proud Italian Cook
Leave a comment